Precision Laser Cutting – Maximum Material Usage Provides Cost Reduction!
Another manufacturing process added to all the other services we provide for our customers is precision laser cutting. The precision laser cutting process not only reduces cost for our customers, but also provides many other advantages.
Our laser cutting services can eliminate the need for machining on many of our engineering jobs, enabling you to save money on overall manufacturing costs. Essentially it offers and affordable and accurate way of producing almost any shape in plate or sheet metal.
In addition to maximizing material usage for your project, other advantages of precision laser cutting include:
• An edge with a high-quality surface finish better than that of material cut by other traditional methods
• A reduced chance of warping of the material that is being cut, since laser systems have a small heat-affected zone
• Reduced contamination of the part presents certain advantages over other traditional mechanical cutting techniques since there is no cutting edge which can become contaminated by the material or contaminate the material
• Laser cutting also allows the ability to cut small diameter holes with complex detail and good edge quality in either sheet or plate
• The ability to cut some materials that are very difficult or impossible to cut by more traditional means
• Custom laser cutting technology allows for the cutting of complex shapes without the need for tooling and at a similar or faster speed than other cutting methods
• Ultimately this process not only uses less energy, but the laser beam does not wear during the process
Seaberg Industries has two, 4000 watt CO2 lasers which typically run anywhere from 20 gauge up to 5/8” (16 mm) thickness. Our lasers also have the capability of a precision of +/- 0.002" (0.05mm) and repeatability = +/- .0004" (0.01mm).
A critical element to make this process most effective, as in other processes, is our set ups. By utilizing nesting software, we are able to maximize the use of material, thereby reducing the cost of the parts, as mentioned above. As with all of our equipment, we have regularly scheduled maintenance intervals on each laser.
Finally with our custom laser cutting we are able to automate the etching process, by etching identification on the parts that are required. This ensures the consistency of identification and eliminates any variability.
At Seaberg Industries, we GUARANTEE that you will get the quality and service you deserve. Call us today and find out how working with our laser cutting services makes your life easier!
For more information about Seaberg's Precision Laser Cutting Services call (563) 445-2130 or click to contact us.